Friday, February 12, 2010

Is Paul just one of the first false Prophet to come in the name of Jesus.?

That's not what the Bible teaches.





Acts 9:10 Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, ';Ananias.'; And he said, ';Here I am, Lord.'; 11 So the Lord said to him, ';Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying. 12 And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight.'; 13 Then Ananias answered, ';Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem. 14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.'; 15 But the Lord said to him, ';Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. 16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake.';





2 Peter 3:14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation--as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.


Is Paul just one of the first false Prophet to come in the name of Jesus.?
Paul was not a false prophet. His writings and words are awesome to one who learns through the Holy Spirit. For you to say such a thing tells me you know not of the Holy Spirit, for if you did, you would know what all his words meant. Yet today many in churches don't understand Paul's words.





They have been mistranslated through the minds of worldly men. Yet the truths Christ taught are still misunderstood in many ways, for if all knew the truth, there would be no churches except Gods church.





Gods church is within those who follow him and not men. Gods church are those who have been taught by him and not men.





So when you ask such questions, all you are doing is showing your weakness in faith. For your faith is in your church, it should be in God. If it were, he would teach you and then you would be answering this question. All you have to do is ask him.Is Paul just one of the first false Prophet to come in the name of Jesus.?
Now, I do not know how many times it takes to pour over St. Paul's Epistles to be familiar enough with them, but I cannot find anything that could be taken out of context, innocently, and magnified to support this claim. The Second Letter to the Corinthians has a section of passages [Chapter 11:23-30] that could be taken out of context, I suppose, but to do so, one would have to deliberately ignore the subsequent chapter, as well as the one immediately preceding it: which make manifestly clear that Saint Paul is not boasting of suffering in the sense implied by the priest. Perhaps I am poorly trained myself and do not have good reading comprehension, but something tells me this cannot be the reason why I have not found any actual evidence for the calumny. In fact, one of the attributes or virtues of Saint Paul that first struck me, many, many years ago when I took to a preference for his Epistles, was his utter humility, united to a profound sense of the dignity of the person, who, when in the state of grace, provides a temple for the Holy Spirit. Another was the acumen of his mind and the clarity, the breathtaking clarity and breadth of his intellect, which he used for the glory of God and not for his own advancement. I was and continue to be so overcome with these two aspects of his saintly comportment, which are but only two of so many, that I latched onto him, so to speak and have not been able to let go, not that I would want to, period. I do not find his unwillingness to compromise prideful or his willingness to suffer and undergo all manner of privation, exhibitionist, that he would want to have ';top billing'; in the suffering department; I find him so humble as to be irresistibly lovable, challenging me, beckoning to come follow him to martyrdom whether with a capital 'M' or a small 'm'. But my feelings do not matter, it is what the Church teaches through her Tradition and traditions in the accepted authors about Saint Paul that does.
Paul was not a prophet. He was, at one time, a Pharisee. He also killed many Christians, being Christ's worst enemy, and persecuting the early Kingdom church.


Christ blinded him, and converted him, making him the apostle to the Gentiles. He revealed to Paul the mystery of God, which had not been known by any man before, explaining what REALLY happened at the cross. Even Peter believed that Paul had been given a revelation by Christ. See 2 Peter 3:15 -18.





Oh, and next time, research what you post, so you don't look like a complete fool, OK? You're welcome.
Paul rested all his theology on the fact that he had seen the risen


Christ who was, as He claimed to be, the Messiah of Jewish promise


and hope. Paul was the ablest mind in the world at this time. He became the foremost interpreter of Christ through all the ages.


Jesus chose Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles.
Absolutely Not! He was taught personally by the resurrected Christ in the desert for the same length of time the other Apostles were taught, 3 1/2 years.





Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:


Act 9:16 For I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.


The following verses are from the Contemporary English Version. While they are true to the meaning of the King James and the original Greek, they are easier to understand.





Gal 1:11 My friends, I want you to know that no one made up the message I preach.


Gal 1:12 It wasn't given or taught to me by some mere human. My message came directly from JESUS CHRIST when he appeared to me.


Gal 1:13 You know how I used to live as a Jew. I was cruel to God's church and even tried to destroy it.


Gal 1:14 I was a much better Jew than anyone else my own age, and I obeyed every law that our ancestors had given us.


Gal 1:15 But even before I was born, God had chosen me. He was kind and had decided


Gal 1:16 to show me his Son, so that I would announce his message to the Gentiles. I didn't talk this over with anyone.


Gal 1:17 I didn't say a word, not even to the men in Jerusalem who were apostles before I was. Instead, I went at once to Arabia, and afterwards I returned to Damascus.


Gal 1:18 THREE YEARS LATER I went to visit Peter in Jerusalem and stayed with him for fifteen days.



Paul, and everyone who will came before, and who will come after.


Prophets are normal people who are deluded.
No. If you accept that the bible was the word of God, why would he allow so many of Paul's letters to be included in the Bible Cannon.
I love questions that just blurt out nonsense with nothing to back it up. What are you basing this question on...Paul was an evangelist not a prophet.
Paul was not a false prophet. He was called personally by Jesus.


Read his conversion experience in Acts.
Bible please! Support your claim with script not lip.
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment